Search

Play fighting with your baby. A bit much or a good time?

Hollywood, FL
Follow

Play fighting with your baby. A bit much or a good time?

I love to roughhouse with my daughter, and maybe I’m crazy,but I thinkit makes her tougher. I will say that I think this video is a bit much and that first move the guy does flipping the baby over his shoulder by the baby’s arm was a little scary. http://www.newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/26/how-to-fight-a-baby-hint-wind/

Comments

1. I’m conflicted with the play fighting, my husband does it every now and then and I sometimes feel he might make them less “lady” like which is silly when I actually think about it!

Reply Flag this comment
  2. Natalie I see your point! I have a boy so the play fighting never ends. But with girls that may be different. We do want girls to sit nicely with their legs crossed and their hands folded ever so sweetly, but what are we creating with that whole scene? Do we want tough boys and dainty girls? We can all probably agree that we dont want tough girls and dainty boys!

Reply Flag this comment
  3. I’m not a fan of the video and I have no medical experience or background. But, I feel infants don’t even know what is up and what is down.

I don’t think it’s wise to start rattling their brain with quick physical movements like the one in the video. If you look at the child’s face, you can tell that it doesn’t take it as a pleasurable experience.

I plan on letting my son set the pace for physical activity, instead of just tossing him around before he can even speak.

Reply Flag this comment
    1. I agree. I play slam my daughter on the bed but not until she was old enough to laugh and keep coming for more!

Flag this comment Reply

Tell us who you are! We use your name to make your comments, emails, and notifications more personal.

Tell us who you are! We use your name to make your comments, emails, and notifications more personal.