As seen on TV: Bundoo cooks!
Bundoo’s own nutritionist Sue Lupackino was featured on a local TV station in Philadelphia this morning and gave some great ideas for summer grilling. If you’re looking for the recipes she mentioned on her segment, look no further. Here are Sue’s summer grilling treats:
- Cut 3-4 bananas in half lengthwise, leave the peel on.
- Place bananas cut side down on grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and brush with honey. Cover and grill 5-6 minutes longer or until tender. Peel bananas. Serve immediately with ice cream.
- Drizzle some honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with ½ cup non-fat vanilla ice-cream
Zesty Three-Bean Salad
- ½ can (16 oz.) red kidney beans
- ½ can (16 oz.) black-eyed beans
- ½ can (16 oz.) black beans
- 1 can Mexicorn
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of pimento peppers, diced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
Directions: In a small pot, add ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup sugar. Bring to boil and until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, add soy sauce and olive oil. Add beans, corn, and pepper to the mixture. Enjoy with blue tortilla chips.