Parents to avoid during Super Bowl and napkin notes: the best in parenting this week
If you’re gearing up for the Super Bowl this weekend, you’ll want to make sure you stay away from certain parents (#3) and possibly the extreme sports fan parents (#11) that took baby-naming to a completely different level.
1. I look down on young women with husbands and kids and I’m not sorry
Why were parents so angry this week? This post claiming that stay-at-home moms aren’t as successful as working moms or men just might be responsible for high blood pressure across the parenting sphere.
2. You can’t possibly be bored
Why do we even buy them toys, anyway? (Hat tip to How To Be A Dad for this one.)
3. 9 parents to avoid at your Superbowl party
You want to tailgate like you did pre-kids, but you settle for a family-friendly shindig instead. Prepare yourself for the parents that might annoy you on Sunday.
4. Dad walks six miles to be with his daughter during the storm
It’s been cold this week and the stories of children stranded are heartbreaking! This dad didn’t take “stranded” for an answer and walked six miles to his daughter’s elementary school. Way to show the cold who’s boss!
5. Google tells us what we really think about our sons and daughters
Are we more focused on brains for our boys and beauty for our girls? The proof is in the Google search pudding.
6. SNL covers the Victoria’s Secret breastfeeding story
They said what we all thought, only funnier.
7. 23 kids you meet as a parent
We don’t judge other people’s kids, right? (By the way, my own kid is definitely the last one in this list!)
8. Kids and guns: a hidden camera experiment
Own a gun? This video is a must-watch.
9. Napkin notes
This dad is leaving a legacy for his daughter in her lunchbox. Get your Sharpies and napkins ready before you read this one.
10. Parents now heart Olive Garden
It’s not just the breadsticks or deliciously fattening Alfredo sauce. Olive Garden is offering to pick up your babysitting tab just for dining there! Check out the promotion here.
11. Baby naming, the extreme sports fan way
To honor the Seattle Seahawks, a couple named their baby after the team’s 12th man.
12. What are you having?
Changing the way you react to this common question during pregnancy one e-card at a time.