Cool moms shake it off and the Apparently Kid gets his own commercial: the best in parenting this week
There are some real jewels this week in parenting, y’all.
1. “Cool Mom” [Taylor Swift “Shake It Off] Parody]
“I’m still the bomb. A cool mom.” I have a feeling I’ll be singing these lyrics when I hear the real song.
2. 45 kids meet their sibling for the very first time
I just can’t get enough of #2. Precious!
3. “Apparently Kid” has his own commercial; still hilarious
Remember the “Apparently Kid,” newly dubbed the “Seriously Kid?” He stars in a commercial that doesn’t disappoint.
4. DILFs of Disneyland has been labeled the best new Instagram account
We’re following… but for market research only, of course. Treat yo’ self; it’s Friday!
5. One-handed sonata and one-handed baby cuddling
It’s tough to balance parenthood and old hobbies, but this dad found a way to nail it.
6. Worrying about “pooping on the table”
Dr. Jen puts it a bit more eloquently, but this hot topic on Facebook this week just is what it is.
7. Hilarious comic’s response to people who shame breastfeeding moms
A mom of four takes a “very crafty” approach to responding to people who just don’t get breastfeeding.
8. Why I want my sons to see me naked
“Because if I don’t — and their first images of a naked woman are the impossibly perfect physiques in those magazines or those movies — what kind of expectations will they have?” Thought-provoking post.
9. The face you make…
This looks pretty accurate.
10. Mom’s 1st birthday
This Pampers ad (it’s more like a mini-movie) explores how moms feel about their baby’s first birthday, and how dads feel about moms. Is someone cutting onions in here?!
11. Toddler choreographs adult interpretive dance
She has a promising future in choreography, am I right?
12. Dogs putting babies to bed
The pooches just want their babies to be cozy at bedtime.
13. Things I never thought I’d say
“Stop putting boogers on your nightstand!” If you find yourself saying the oddest things in response to your child’s odd (yet developmentally typical) behavior, you’ll get a kick out of this one.
14. I just need some space [Meghan Trainor “All About That Bass” parody]
Trading “bringing booty back” for screaming “just put it back.” That’s a pretty good way to describe motherhood!
15. Childbirth vs. getting kicked in the family jewels
Is it true that childbirth is equivalent to 20 bones being fractured at once!? Very enlightening video that explores these two natural pain experiences for women and men.