Be a treater instead of a trickster with these simple, no-bake snacks. All of the recipes feature Halloween-themed fresh fruits or vegetables that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy.
Apple Marshmallow Teeth
- 1 green apple
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Slice apple.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Place 4-6 marshmallows in between two apple slices, using the peanut butter as “glue” to hold them together.
- 12 thin pretzel sticks
- 6 string cheeses
- Cut string cheese in half.
- Peel cheese three-quarters of the way down.
- Insert pretzel at the bottom of the cheese.
- 5 large carrots
- Ranch dressing
- Sliced almonds
- Wash and peel four long carrots for “fingers” and one medium carrot for a thumb.
- With a paring knife, cut a flat spot, to make a very shallow notch in the tip of each carrot.
- Use a dab of ranch dressing to glue a sliced-almond “fingernail” atop each notch.
What are your favorite homemade Halloween treats? Share them in the comments!