With the holidays coming up, many of you will be traveling with your toddlers for the very first time. An airplane ride with a toddler can be daunting, if not downright scary.
Here are some of our must-haves when traveling with toddlers.
- Look for a backpack that is lightweight and, if possible, washable.
- Make sure you have a pair of headphones for your child, something that can be plugged into devices as well as the airplane.
- Travel Toobs are toys big enough to play with but small enough to carry around.
- Every toddler needs crayons and markers, so pick up Crayola's Color Wonder, where the markers color nothing but the paper.
- Hoping your toddler takes a snooze? Pack a swaddle blanket that's easy to travel with and, of course, washable.
- Stickers are great, unless they stick on other places. Shoot for reuseable stickers and even sticker books with themes, like this airport sticker fun book.
- Toddlers are definitely going to explore the airport and airplane bathrooms, so grab potty seat covers.
Reviewed by Dr. Eva Benmeleh, September 2020