Search
What happens if my child eats lipstick?

Call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 to find out if the lipstick is dangerous and exactly what to do for your child.

This number, 1-800-222-1222, is the same for ALL Poison Control Centers around the country and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days each year. The folks who answer the phone can help determine if what your child ate, chewed, licked, or swallowed is dangerous and if he or she needs medical attention.

People typically think of the Poison Control number for medication or household cleaner ingestion, but children will eat almost anything (plants, chalk, makeup), and they can help you decide what you need to do. Every parent and caregiver should have this number in their cell phones and next to any land lines in case of emergency.

Comments

  1. I am so glad I saw this article. I added the poison control number last year when a questionnaire at my pediatrician’s office asked if I had it but lost a lot of numbers when I got a new phone. I just noticed that this was one of the numbers that didn’t transfer over. Just added it back to my phone!

    Reply

Tell us who you are! We use your name to make your comments, emails, and notifications more personal.

Tell us who you are! We use your name to make your comments, emails, and notifications more personal.