As your baby grows, he or she will meet many milestones, but few are more exciting or memorable than the first steps. Though it can take some time, walking will likely come naturally to your baby, since we are all born with an innate urge to walk. Many babies begin walking between 11 and 12 months old, but every child can be different. When will your baby start walking? Here are 3 major signs to watch out for.
- National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families. From Baby to Big Kid: Month 12.
- University of Pittsburgh Office of Child Development. How Your Child Learns to Walk.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Baby Walkers: A Dangerous Choice.
- National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families: From Baby to Big Kid: Month 12.
- University of Pittsburgh Office of Child Development: First Steps.