- 2008 FITS study.
- Castle & Jacobsen. Chapter 2. IN: Fearless Feeding: How to Raise Healthy Eaters from High Chair to High School.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Energy Drinks (caffeine) intake and children.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preschooler obesity rates.
- KidsHealth.org. Caffeine and Your Child.
- National Institutes of Health. Caffeine Use in Children: What we know, what we have left to learn, and why we should worry.
- MedScape. AAP Guidelines Nix Energy Drinks for Children, Teens.