If you have just heard that your child has autism, you are probably overwhelmed. However, the process of treating and caring for your child’s autism doesn’t need to be overwhelming or isolating. By taking the following steps, you can ensure that your family is moving in the right direction.
Your child has autism: now what?
- Autism Help. My Child’s Been Diagnosed as Having Autism. What Do I Do Now?
- Autism Speaks. 100 Day Kit.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- National Institutes of Health. Evidence-Based Comprehensive Treatments for Early Autism.
- Rosenblatt, A., & Carbone, P. (Eds.). (2012). Autism spectrum disorders: What every parent needs to know. Chicago, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics.